Saturday, September 18, 2010

Awaiting Departure!

Only a few days remaining before the adventure begins! My plane is scheduled to depart O’Hare International Airport at 8:25 am on Tuesday September 22nd. After a quick layover in Miami, I will arrive at 3:10 pm in Port au Prince, Haiti. From there, I will meet up with Jan Weber, a nurse from Germany and the NPH Medical Volunteer Coordinator. Then we will travel together to St. Helene Orphanage in Kenscoff. I really don’t know what to expect. I am a little nervous, a little anxious, but mostly excited. I know that the upcoming year will be full of challenges and difficulties. But, I also know that it will probably be one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. This is God’s plan for me. I am ready. Haiti, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like your trip didn't start out too good. Hope you get your lugage soon. love ya

    ReplyDelete